Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shoe bench and clothes rack


 


If you don't have mudroom, this simple shoe bench and clothes rack will do the job.


Here's how I built my shoe bench and clothes rack. I built it small to fit my space, you can build yours bigger.

Building the cloth rack:

-Cut the side part using jigsaw.
-Attach the lower shelf.
-Attach the top shelf.
-Attach back cover.
-Add shelf divider.

-Fill holes,sand and paint. Then attach the hooks and hanger.


Building the shoe bench:

-Attach the sides to the top part using pocket hole screws and glue.



-Then the middle shelf.


-Attach the bottom part.

-Attach the legs ( I used dowels and wood glue)


-Fill holes, sand and paint. Paint the door, attach to the bench and add handle.


-Done!
 I made the patterned back using furring strips, this is to prevent hanged things scratching the wall paint . It's only attach to the wall (using hangers) and not to the rack or bench.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Hi there ,

    I just wanted to say I love your Blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horticulture and Landscaping development requires balancing between living & non-living material, into a beautiful creation and make an ecosystem where soil, plants, water, stone and woods are used.
    biowalls vertical garden Designer in delhi

    ReplyDelete