Saturday, June 9, 2012

Barstools



I was going back and forth for an upholstered or non upholstered bar stool and decided non-upholstered. I think they look okay, I can always upholster anytime.
  Legs are 2X2 poplar, 28" longs cut at 5 degrees angle and bevel on both ends.

How to make these barstool:

Attach the short top apron.
 

Then the middle and and lower horizontal pieces.

Length of legs are 28"

Attach the longer top apron and the first front horizontal piece (for stepping).
 

Then the other longer top apron and the higher stepping piece (for short people like me :). Stepping pieces height position depends on your preferences.

Put foot of stool together.

The curvy top makes these stools comfortable. To achieve this shape, I adjusted my circular saw blade to different depth cut the wood  then use chisel. I'm pretty sure this is the hardest way to do it and can be done with some kind of special tool. I didn't mind doing it this way, I like using the chisel to carve woods. You can just leave the seat without curve, I'm sure it will be fine.

Sand and attach to the foot of stool. Fill the pocket holes then sand the entire stool Paint.


Overall dimensions
I forgot to put the other two aprons on this sketch, don't forget to add on your build


Pin It

27 comments:

  1. Am so going to build one of these, Thanks for the build instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the lengths on the aprons that aren't shown in the sketch? Also how did you attach the top of the stool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to know this as well.

      Delete
    2. Did anybody figure out the lengths of these aprons? I am buying wood today and am approximating. If nobody knows I'll measure once I'm finished and send an update.

      Delete
    3. That was mean

      Delete
  3. WHY WOULD YOU PAINT THOSE BEAUTIFUL WOOD STOOLS YOU FOOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gostei vou fazer um para ver como fica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply superb collection of bar stools. Thanks for paint so we can get more details about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. easier way to get saddle seats using table saw. This guy has a genius rig set up, for these I'm sure you wouldn't need such a complex jig, just a steady hand.
    http://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-blogs/editors-blog/scoop-a-chair-seat-with-mario-rodgriguez

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made it easy for everyone to build own bar stools.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatiful Barstools, but how do you attach the seat with the foot of stool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would assume he used the same pocket hole jig (Kreg) to attach the seat. to fill the pocket holes, you can insert wood dowel, and chisel it flush.

      Delete
  9. what kind of wood did you used for theses bar stool ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading your work. I'll come back for more

    Keep up the good work :) from, Home Buys Plus

    ReplyDelete
  11. How many board feet of wood would I need to build two of these stools?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hire wooden chair, event chair, chiavari chair, led bar, vintage chair, artificial tree, eames chair for Weddings, reception parties, Corporate Events, special occasions or Shows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you made it very simple, yet looks very attractive !!!


    Reenoy

    Hostel Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are the joints mad only with the screw and angle of cut? Did you use any glue at all?

    ReplyDelete