Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Elevated dog bed

I built this elevated dog bed because my weimaraner dog, Uma, loooveess jumping on our sofa and sometimes won't get down without a bribe!
She likes to lay in front of TV because she want us to watch her instead :)



 

Now she don't have no business getting up on my couch :)


How I built this large dog bed:

1. I cut 4 pcs. 8 inches tall of 2" X 2's" and smoothed and rounded it for the legs. The measurement depend on how tall you want your dog furniture. My dog like jumping on furniture so I made the legs a little bit tall.

 2. Stain, let it dry and clear coat the legs. Let dry




3. Using glue, screws and clamped, I made one large board. 3/4 inches plywood can be used too, eliminate the hassle of having to put these boards together.


3. I traced my dog bed shape and measurement to a cardboard then traced it to the board I made.


4. Cut the board with jigsaw.


 5. Put dowels on the legs.


6. Attach the legs to the bed, use glue with the dowels.




7. Add railing support.


8.Measure and cut the foam railing.


9. Cover.


10. Upholster the bed foam



11. Put everything together. I used velcro to attach the bed cushion to the bed.



Details



And let your furry baby enjoy it!



I put her bed where she always like to lay down. She like the front of the tv so she has eagle's eye view on everybody while we're watching :)


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Hi, this is a very interesting blog page and I've enjoyed reading many of the articles and posts contained on the website, keep up the good work and hope to read some more interesting content in the future.
    large dog beds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear,
    You shared very good information about dog beds. When you get a new puppy, of course, the size of the bed you need will be small. But as he grows, obviously he will need a larger bed. While young, he will need a very durable bed because puppies are known to chew a lot. You could, however, decide to select a larger bed that he could grow into so you don't have to buy too many dog beds. A few days ago I have purchased Outlast Dog Bed Sleep System from Posh Puppy Boutique for my dog at an affordable price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely Made Bed Dog!

    I have also read a post about How To Take Care Of Your Dog This Summer. This is an amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An elevated dog bed is a must-have accessory for every dog owner who wants to provide their furry friend with the ultimate comfort and relaxation. This innovative design takes pet beds to a whole new level, quite literally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, this is a really fascinating blog page. I've liked reading a lot of the posts and articles on the website. Please keep up the excellent job and I look forward to reading more fascinating stuff in the future.
    Pooch Perks Coupons code

    ReplyDelete