Sunday, March 11, 2012

Laundry room shelf

This is probably the simplest and easiest furniture I've built but very useful. I built this shelf because my laundry room was in complete disarray. I use the room to store house cleaning, dog grooming and laundry stuff which make it look smaller than it already is. This shelf is my first step to start organizing my laundry room.
The project cost is approx. $20-$25 and took me half day to build. Finish product measures 6 ft. tall, 4 ft. wide and 10-1/2 in. depth built to fit my laundry room.
 
I used 1X4 for the legs, cut grooves for the shelf frame.

 I used furring strips for the side braces.
 I made the side  frames first.
 Then, the shelves by attaching two furring strips on each side.
 Attached the shelves to the side frames
 Added more side braces
 Then the back and front supports
 Sand and paint
 Let it dry

 Shelf, check.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This blog is really helpful to deliver updated educational affairs over internet which is really appraisable. I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now.บริการ ซักรีด โรงแรม

    ReplyDelete